Gate valves are more common as a lower level valve. A forged steel gate valve is a widely used valve that refers to a valve in which the closing member (gate) moves in the vertical direction along the centerline of the passage. The gate valve is mainly used for cutting in the pipeline. Generally, the cutting device with a diameter of DN ≥ 500 mm is used, and sometimes the cutting device with a small diameter also uses a gate valve.
Forged steel gate valve advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small.
2. The external force required for opening and closing is small.
3. The flow direction of the medium is not limited.
4. When fully open, the sealing surface is less affected by the working medium than the shut-off valve.
5, the body shape is relatively simple, casting process is better.
Forged steel gate valve disadvantages:
1. The external dimensions and opening height are large. The space required for installation is large.
2. During the opening and closing process, there is relative friction between the sealing surfaces, which is likely to cause scratches.
3. Gate valves generally have two sealing faces, which add some difficulties to processing, grinding and maintenance.